Announcement message

Previous projects:
1. Exploring Taipei's eats during my last Taipei trip
2. The "One new dish a day!" project and my review.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Delicious vegetarian fried rice 素炒飯

Almost every dish I made today was extremely delicious! I'm not sure it was my extremely good appetite or my excellent cooking skills. This vegetarian fried rice was so delicious that it was very hard for me to stop at one cup. I ended up eating one and a half cups. I had added eggs, dry tofu, walnuts, onions, peas, and carrots to the rice. I meant to add some sesame oil; however I forgot. Given that this dish is already this delicious, I doubt that anything else including the sesame oil can make it better.
Vegetarian fried rice 素炒飯

I made cauliflower (菜花) for a vegetable side dish. I steamed and then tossed the cauliflower florets with oil and preserved vegetables (榨菜). I could have cooked the cauliflower a little longer and let the flavor soak into the cauliflower florets.
Cauliflower florets 菜花

For another vegetable side dish, I broiled 4 Dr. Praeger's Tex Mex Veggie Burgers. (Sorry, there is no picture for the veggie burgers.) These burgers tasted really good too.

For desserts, I made a papaya smoothie for myself; and a pear-kiwi smoothie for my husband. Wow, my papaya smoothie was heavenly delicious! My husband loved his pear-kiwi smoothie very much too.

Papaya smoothie was made of 1 cup of milk and 2/3 cup of frozen papaya cubes.
Papaya smoothie

Pear-kiwi smoothie was made of 2/3 cups of milk, 1 ripe Anjou pear and 1 ripe kiwi.

1 comment:

  1. hi Keh-Shin, all of this sounds extremely delicious !!! Wish we could meet sometime !! Its been simply years since we last met/talked !!

    ReplyDelete